Monday, March 30, 2009

Go, Mighty Cougars!


The semester is rapidly closing at BYU and I couldn't be more excited. It has been almost seven years since I started at BYU and I will finally don a cap and gown next month. It is a little embarrassing to admit that it has taken me SO long to finish, but I feel that what I have a achieved at BYU has been so much more than just a degree. Here are a few of the things that have happened since starting at BYU:


Spent a summer working in NYC
Worked for EFY
Got married
Had a child
Faced the dreaded C-word: Cancer
Became close to fluent in Spanish
Supported our family (with lots of help from Dave) and have finished with next to no debt
Strengthed my testimony more than I ever thought possible

This list may not seem impressive to anyone else, but as I think back to all of the trials that I've had to overcome and lessons that I've had to learn, I realize how grateful I am that I made the choice to attend BYU. There is no other university in the world that could have helped me grow in spirituality and in education the way that BYU has allowed me to. I will miss being an official Cougar, but once a Cougar, always a Cougar!


1 comment:

The Gardners said...

We got your announcement today! Congratulations, we are so excited for you!